Friday, January 20, 2012

Are there any RPG games that have a great story like final fantasy VIII?

I want a good rpg game that has a great story to it.

DO NOT list Final Fantasy games because I have already played them. I'm also looking for a game thats similar to the romance of the three kingdoms. No stupid posts or I will mark it as spam.Are there any RPG games that have a great story like final fantasy VIII?
I only have a Playstation 2 so I can only really recommend games for that system but for Playstation 1 games I would say that Chrono Cross and Legend of Dragoon are good ones and as for Playstation 2 I really enjoyed the storylines of Arc the Lad, Radiata Stories, .hack, Shadow Hearts: Covenant, Dragon Quest VIII, Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2, and I'm not entirely sure if it is considered an RPG but Okami also had a good storyline as well. I hope this helps!
It depends what console(s) you have.



For example, I would most certainly recommend the Tales series which (IMHO) is even better than Final Fantasy.



If you have an XBox360 pick up the new Tales of Vespira, if you have Wii check out Tales of Symphonia (for Gamecube) and Tales of Symphonia II: Dawn of the New World (coming out soon for Wii). If you have PS2 you can get Tales of the Abyss and others (idk if PS3 is compatible with PS2 games, lol) if you have DS you can get Tales of Phantasia (brutal difficulty though for a newcomer to the series) and PSP owners can get Tales of Destiny I and II.



Then there's always Kingdom Hearts, another really great series and there's tons of great sequels to old beloved SNES RPGs coming to DS in the coming months!



Check out the following sources for lots of coverage and reviews on these games.Are there any RPG games that have a great story like final fantasy VIII?
As the first poster had said, KH series is super great and Fable is nice...I don't know about Fable 2 yet though.



But if you're looking for something in the first generation of Playstation...haha, I had forgotten what RPG I had played then...I say, Legend of Legaia and its succesor in PS2, Legaia Duel Saga is pretty okay.



Or...you could play the mind wobbling, belief shattering, heretical XENOGEARS...it's developer is also Squaresoft...(before merging with Enix so the story and gameplay is purely magnificent) Do not underestimate the anime-like character though...you'll like the fighting sequence inside the Gears.



First time I had played the game, I questioned a lot of things...but well...I was just a kid then, so I didn't really understand it much. LOL.



Do not be confused with Xenosaga...they are of the similar universe, but not the same. I wouldn't recommend it. Although the story is almost equally good, the gameplay isn't...



Hope that helps.Are there any RPG games that have a great story like final fantasy VIII?
Try the dragon quest series and the star ocean series. They may seem a little cheesy at first but it gets MUCH better. Personally my boyfriend loved it. They are created by the same makers, square enix. radiata stories is also another that he liked. The story is not as great as Final Fantasy but is still really good.
Lunar Silver Star Story Complete and Lunar 2 Blue Story Complete have great storylines.
YOu can buy many games like that if you have a ps2 get kingdom hearts and if u have a xbox360 get this game coming out fable2

No comments:

Post a Comment